TOUGHBOOKS are a collection of rugged mobility laptops, tablets, and smartphones created by the Panasonic brand. These devices are popular in various industries for improving work productivity and optimizing supply chain operations while withstanding extreme weather conditions.
Let's explore the value of TOUGHBOOKS and why they are trusted devices for transportation professionals.
Related Blog: 3 Disaster Recovery Services Most Relevant For Florida Businesses
1. Reliable Connection on the Road
Transportation systems require technologies that allow reliable network connections on the road. TOUGHBOOKS offer secure internet connectivity, cloud computing, high-speed 4G or 5G networks, Bluetooth, mobile broadband, and GPS systems. This connectivity allows transportation professionals, drivers, and fleet, service, and facility managers to:
- Communicate to coordinate fleet movement and improve delivery services.
- Access real-time navigation, tracking, and monitoring of fleet location and activity.
- Coordinate first aid response in case of emergencies.
2. Built-In Mobile Routers
TOUGHBOOK devices are equipped with built-in mobile routers, which establish private and fast internet connections. These mobile routers allow users to connect to wireless systems, including Wi-Fi, LAN, or internet access from a mobile sim card. Mobile routers help fleet managers, drivers, and other transportation professionals by allowing for:
- Communication between drivers and fleet managers.
- Collection and storage of inventory data.
3. Devices Designed to Withstand Extreme Weather
TOUGHBOOKS have undergone environmental engineering and laboratory testing and can withstand extreme environmental conditions. Besides cold and hot temperatures, these devices can also withstand shock, vibration, dust, and humidity. This allows transportation professionals to complete their jobs without having to worry about how their technology will hold up in extreme weather.
4. Mounting Solutions For Versatile Operations
One of the leading causes of road accidents is driver distraction due to using technologies such as smartphones. TOUGHBOOK’s mounting solutions allow drivers to focus on the road and engage in safe hands-free communication and navigation.
Other benefits of mounting solutions in the vehicle include:
- Increased Device Durability - Stable mounts increase the durability and reduce the risk of damage as the fleet moves through rugged terrain.
- Versatility- Mounting solutions allow drivers and transportation professionals to switch between mounting and handheld operations to improve their efficiency on the road and the field.
5. Improved Inventory Management with Barcode Scanners
Barcode scanners can help transportation professionals improve their supply chain and inventory management. They can use a barcode scanner when dropping off products to help them collect data on delivered shipments.
TOUGHBOOKS barcode scanner feature also present the following beneficial features:
- User-friendly and easy to install.
- Wireless systems.
- Extensive product information.
- Fast transactions.
- Real-time data updates.
- Paperless systems.
Bizco Technologies is partnered with TOUGHBOOK to bring you only the most reliable Windows and Android solutions. Let us help with your next project for durable laptops, tablets, or handheld devices that run mission-critical applications. Contact us today to learn more.